Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Be Encouraged in the Struggle!

Just wanted to take some time to encourage you in the Struggle...

2 Corinthians 12:6-10 Amplified Bible

6 Should I desire to boast, I shall not be a witless braggart, for I shall be speaking the truth. But I abstain [from it] so that no one may form a higher estimate of me than [is justified by] what he sees in me or hears from me.

7 And to keep me from being puffed up and too much elated by the exceeding greatness (preeminence) of these revelations, there was given me a thorn ([a]a splinter) in the flesh, a messenger of Satan, to rack and buffet and harass me, to keep me from being excessively exalted.

8 Three times I called upon the Lord and besought [Him] about this and begged that it might depart from me;

9 But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and [b]show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may [c]pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!

10 So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [[d]in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful [e]in divine strength).


This is not to say that we should accept and/or practice willful sin, however there are struggles and issues that God leaves in our lives to help us stay humble so that we don't get exalted doing the work of the Lord. I often say, "God is not looking for Perfect People, But Real People willing to say this is where I am and this is what I'm dealing with, but if You (God) help me and clean me up I'll do whatever you want me to do."

I want to encourage someone who may be ready to give up in or because of your struggle/issue. Don't give up and don't give out. We ALL have issues and struggles that we deal with whether we admit it or not. NO ONE is Perfect But God! But we have the assurance through Christ Jesus that His Grace is Sufficient for us and His Strength is made Perfect in our Weakness.

So when we do are best and we still fall short, God says, "I Got You!" Now we must also understand there is a difference between a Struggle and willful sin. God does not accept or cover Willful sin. A struggle denotes a pulling, meaning you're forcefully trying to get AWAY, but in weakness you ACCIDENTALLY Slip and/or get pulled back in.

Making plans to sin is not a struggle. Calling your boo saying, "I get out of church about 9:00 meet at my house about 10:00." That's willful Sin! Now, on the hand, if you get out of church and Go home and he/she is sitting outside waiting on you (and you didn't know they were coming or going to be there) and they approach you and you tell them no and you attempt to go in the house alone but they persist and in a moment of weakness you slip up that might be a struggle depending on how you handled it.

In my conclusion, I want to encourage you to strive for perfection, Live Right the Best You Can, but don't beat yourself up if you don't measure up because God is there to meet where you don't measure up.

No comments:

Post a Comment